Friday 21 October 2011

Introduction

Hello, I think I should preface with an introductory post before I post my first actual blog piece.

I'm not going to go into specifics about who I am but I guess a brief description of the intentions of this blog is not a bad idea.

I'm interested in a number of things, those being: politics, philosophy, psychology, spirituality, gender/sexuality, science & technology, art and much more. And so, these are the kinds of topics I will be writing and forming ideas about.

This blog is just a collection of one person's opinions. I hope you may find them worthy or useful; if you do then I hope you may share them with others and together come to a mutual understanding of the affairs surrounding all our lives.

I am an "expert" in nothing and I do not purport to be. With that said, I do not believe that being an expert is the sole manner in which one may form an opinion on a matter - better yet, form a good one at that. I'm sure many of us have very valuable opinions to be expressed and we shouldn't let the lack of bought/payed off institutional credentials get in our way of doing so.

I will try to make updates at least once a week or more, in order to prevent any stagnation that may result due to inactivity. I will also participate, although very sparingly, in the comments/discussion section below when the flow of discourse calls for it.

I realize that my personality affects the style and over arching themes of this blog and as I write more articles I hope readers will get a better sense of the soul of this website and the general direction it's headed in. I may write with a number of different emotional dispositions - sometimes happy, sometimes pissed off, some times upset and sometimes raging with creativity and independent thought ( I hope more towards the latter).... or maybe just raging ^_^ ...

So again, my job here is to be an idea spreader; however, I can only spread them to the people who choose to read them. It's up to you to take those ideas further - to apply them in your own lives and the lives of others and come to a greater understanding of the world around you and each other.

Thanks for visiting! Peace and much Love to all (even Republicans)!

No comments:

Post a Comment